Really I’m just a decorator in training and I need places to go for inspiration. So when I read Inspired by Charm’s post about styling a coffee table, it inspired me to work on my own.
Hi Sugar Plum had some nice solid suggestions about how to go about styling your coffee table…
1) Life or natural element to bring the outdoors in and add color and texture.
2) Books to entertain and create stacks for different heights.
3) Quirky or statement object for conversation starter.
4) Candles for ambiance and a welcoming scent.
5) Tray to corral smaller items and organize.
So I went shopping the house.
A stack of books and a faux succulent (purchased from Target).
a frame with a quotation I printed out on scrapbook paper
& for my quirky item, a little lighted magnifying glass.
Here it is at night in all its glory.
A warm inviting glow from the candles.
The quote close-up.
“When everything feels like an uphill struggle, just think of the view from the top.”
Would you like to see the before? It was very simple.
The tips I received from Hi Sugar Plum gave me focus on where to start with my coffee table which I really appreciate. With these suggestions, I can make baby steps towards learning how to decorate. Sometimes it’s okay to go with your own instinct but there are other times you may have to develop that side of yourself. That’s kind of where I am.